Allie Finkle is the new girl at Pine Heights Elementary, and she's very excited. She already knows she likes her new fourth grade teacher Mrs. Hunter, and she's already friends with classmates Erica, Caroline, and Sophie. There is only one fly in the ointment of Allie's perfect new life: one of the girls in Allie's new class, Rosemary, doesn't like her. In fact, Rosemary says she's going to beat Allie up after school.
Everybody around Allie tells her their rules for dealing with bullies. But which are the right ones to follow?
"...Cabot again displays her magic touch. She's funny while she explores worries about friendship, fitting in, and getting along..." — Buffalo News
Hardcover • 0-545-04049-5 •
- Appeared on the Fall 2008 Kid's Indie Next List as an "InspiredRecommendation for Kids from Indie Booksellers"
- Scholastic, Inc. (US), published in hardcover September 2008
(Trade paperback edition published September 2009)
- Brazil: Distribuidora Record
- Czech Republic: Euromedia Group/Bertelsmann
- Denmark: Carlsen
- Finland: WSOY
- France: Hachette Jeunesse
- Germany: Bertelsmann
- Hebrew: Dani Books Ltd.
- Hungary: Cicero
- Japan: Kawade Shobo Shinsha
- Poland: Amber Publishing
- Sweden: Tiden
- United Kingdom: Macmillan