Restrictions On Use Of Materials
All content featured on MegCabot.com, including without limitation, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and all related software, is the sole property of MegCabot.com, Meggin Cabot, Hanee Designs, LLC, or Meggin's publishers and protected by United States and international copyright laws. All trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are proprietary to Meggin Cabot, her affiliates or licensees. No material from the MegCabot.com site may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, with the following exception: You may download one copy of any materials on a single computer for your personal, noncommercial home use only, provided that (i) you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices, (ii) you make no modifications to the materials, and (iii) you do not use the materials in a manner that suggests an association with any of our products, services, or brands. The use of any MegCabot.com material on any other Web site or computer environment is prohibited.
MegCabot.com may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. MegCabot.com has no control over such sites and resources and is not responsible for their availability, and does not endorse and shall not be liable to you or any third party for any advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. Also, MegCabot.com shall not be liable to you or any third party, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
Forums And Public Communication
"Forum" means a chat area, message board, or e-mail function (including, but not limited to, electronic greeting cards) offered as part of MegCabot.com. If you participate in any Forum within MegCabot.com, you agree to follow our terms set forth below.
You acknowledge that anything you submit to MegCabot.com by way of any Forum is routed through our servers and the Internet and that, therefore, you have no expectation of privacy with regard to any such submission. You acknowledge that the Forums and features on MegCabot.com are forums for public and not private communications.
Participants shall remain solely responsible for the content of their messages in the Forums. We are not responsible for the content or opinions posted or sent in any Forum. You take responsibility for postings under your username and your use of any of the information provided in the Forums is at your own risk. We reserve the right to remove or edit content from any Forum at any time and for any reason although we have no duty to do so.
MegCabot.com and Meg Cabot reserve the right to bring to the attention of parents and guardians, as well as appropriate authorities (including but not limited to school and law enforcement officials), any communications sent to MegCabot.com or Meg Cabot, without limitation. This would include, for example, any posting that mentions, even in jest, the use of illegal drugs, the commission of any other crime or offense; and possible or actual harm to the person making the posting, or to third parties, or both.
You agree not to post through your use of the Forums:
- Personal information that can be used to contact you on or off-line. This includes your full name, email address, website URL, address, phone number, instant messenger name, any online profile that contains contact information, names of family members, what school, camp, or house of worship you attend, full date of birth (month, day and year) and what town you live in.
- Offensive and inappropriate statements. This includes statements that are defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violate of any law.
- Copyrighted Material (but for very brief quotes or excerpts, properly attributed) unless you or MegCabot.com own the copyright or you have obtained explicit permission from the copyright owner.
- Advertising. This includes, but is not limited to, direct and indirect solicitation of business, business contact information, use of corporate logos, or use of any language or image that can be construed as an advertisement.
Warranties and Disclaimers
Considering the real-time nature of these Forums, it is impossible for us to review all of the messages as they are posted. We will monitor the site daily for inapproriate content, however, please remember that MegCabot.com is not responsible for any messages posted.
Forum messages express the views of the authors of the messages, not necessarily the views of MegCabot.com, Meg Cabot or the operator Hanee Designs. You hereby waive any claim that any message on any Forum has defamed you or otherwise hurt your feelings or reputation.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE WEB SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. MegCabot.COM EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. MegCabot.COM MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE WEB SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE WEB SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WEB SITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE WEB SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE WEB SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE EXPRESSLY THAT MegCabot.COM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF MegCabot.COM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE WEB SITE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE WEB SITE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE WEB SITE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE WEB SITE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
MegCabot.com respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide the Copyright Agent of MegCabot.com the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the website;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Last Updated February 28, 2004.